A very popular beverage in Latin America. Mate has a high caffeine content (6,5%), higher than coffee or other teas. Known as a slimming supplement, it strengthens the immune system and cleanses the blood from toxins. Also reduces stress and slows down aging.
Includes: Yerba mate (min. 95.3%), aroma, sunflower and thistle flowers. Green Yerba mate with a pleasant taste with sweet notes of cherimoyi (tropical fruit).
Yerba Mate is a beverage made from dried leaves of the eponymous Yerba Mate plant (Ilex paraguariensis). Mate shrubs are cultivated in northern Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Southern Brazil territories. Historically consumed by Guarani people.
Mate is a highly popular beverage in South America, always consumed in the morning and in the evening before meals, as well as before physical exercise.
Mate shrubs are trimmed each year to ease harvesting. Earliest first harvest may occur 4 years after planting. The mate plant may grow as high as 13 meters. The harvested leaves are briefly heated in the temperatures of 90 °C to 100 °C, then dried in a low temperature.
Often called " Drink of the Gods", members of the American Peace Corps have been observing the South American tribes with amazement, as they went without food for long periods of time thanks to this amazing tea. In 1964 researchers of the French Pasteur Institute stated, that "It would be difficult to find any other plant on Earth, that could equal Yerba Mate's nutritional values. Its leaves contain virtually all the necessary vitamins."
- Thanks to the presence of Xanthine-derived substances (caffeine, theobromine, theophyline), Yerba Mate can successfully replace coffee, without its side effects, such as insomnia or nervousness. Raises both physical and mental capability, vitality and energy, improves concentration, clears the mind, has a relaxing effect and is a great natural physical and mental stimulant.
- In contrast to coffee, it does not raise blood pressure. Thanks to the effects of Xanthine, along with the activation of reserve substances, it improves the functioning of the circulatory system and has a positive effect on the central nervous system, which stimulates mental capacity.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Is recommended as a nutritional and medical supplement. Leaves a feeling of satiety after consumption.
- Is used in medicine as a Central Nervous System stimulus.
- Regulates metabolism, improves digestion, restores damaged stomach and intestine tissues.
- Stimulates a weakened nervous system, eliminates anxiety.
Yerba Mate is a rich source of minerals and vitamins. Studies have revealed it to contain:
- From the Xanthine group - Matheine, which stimulates the Central Nervous System without causing an addiction.
- Vitamin A (necessary for proper growth, immunizing the organism against infections, improves eyesight)
- Vitamin B1 (necessary for proper maintenance of the nervous system, eases digestion)
- Vitamin B2 (strengthens hair tissue)
- Vitamin C (antitoxin, strengthens teeth, stimulates red blood cell production)
- Iron (necessary to maintain good physical condition)
- Sodium, Potassium, Calcium (strengthens teeth and bones)
- Magnesium, Silicon, Phosphates, Sulfur, Hydrochloric acid, Chlorophyll, Choline, Inositol
In order to benefit from all of Yerba Mate's properties, it needs a proper preparation. It is best to use spring water or freshly filtered water. Pour mineral (or freshly filtered) with the temperature of 80 °C over the leaves. Brewing should take 2-4 minutes long, until the leaves swell.
No customer reviews for the moment.